Quality Inspectors examine products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications. Quality inspectors mark tag or note problems. They may reject defective items outright, send them for repair, or fix minor problems themselves. If the product is acceptable, the inspector certifies it. Overall, Quality Inspector plays a key factor in delivering products faster and ensure error free production in an organization.
Quality control inspectors typically do the following:
• Read blueprints and specifications
• Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards
• Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process
• Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
• Measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
• Accept or reject finished items
• Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications
• Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products
• Report inspection and test data
Quality inspectors ensures quality standards for nearly all manufactured products. Specific job duties vary across the wide range of industries in which quality inspectors work. Quality control Engineers rely on a number of tools to do their jobs. Although some still use hand-held measurement devices, such as calipers and alignment gauges, workers more commonly operate electronic inspection equipment, such as coordinate-measuring machines (CMMs). Quality Inspectors record the results of their inspections through test reports. When they find defects, inspectors notify supervisors and help to analyze and correct production problems.
SolidWorks Introduces a great tool for Quality Inspectors to reduce their workload and create error free reports with ease. SolidWorks Inspection helps in creating First Article Inspection report, PPAP (Dimensional Test Report), Process Performance Report, AS9102, etc. Balloon drawing creation made easy now as SolidWorks Inspection Captures all Characteristics in a drawing. Hence Quality Assurance can easily built their reports faster and error free.
SolidWorks Inspection Capabilities:
- Automatic Balloon Creation process using OCR(Optical Character Recognition)
- Automatic Report Creation Process with single click
- Compare and Replace Ballooned drawing
- Easily Find the missed characteristics to balloon
- Integrate with QualityXpert & Net-Inspect to track the supply chain in detail
- Integrate with Digital Instruments to enter measured value automatically
- Import CMM results to auto-assign based on nominal and Tolerance results
- Results showcased in Color codes based on results
- Results showcased in best worst and average based on the measured inputs.
Quality Inspector spends 90% of their time in inspecting the product quality and their conformation. This tool, SolidWorks Inspection ease their jobs by automating the balloon creation process, Report creation process and Check Conformity of the part. SolidWorks Inspection helps in to ensure all products sold to customers are of the highest possible quality.