SOLIDWORKS MBD is an integrated drawing less manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS 3D design software. With SOLIDWORKS MBD, you can communicate product and manufacturing information (PMI) directly in 3D, bypassing time-consuming 2D processes, and eliminating potential problems. Companies embracing model-based definition methodologies report savings in multiple areas, including reductions in manufacturing errors, decrease in scrap and rework costs, and lower procurement costs for purchased parts.
3D view- It helps to capture convenient 3D views and correct orientation for PMI to display manufacturing operations. We can also create multiple 3D views with critical manufacturing details.
Dynamic Annotation- Automatically we can view all the dimensions and tolerance value of the model and it will be faded according to the view.
Size Dimensions- To add more information get the oriented view and capture data from 3D view, we can also capture display state configuration and other annotation.
Geometric Tolerance- Adding Tolerance relative to datum completes the PMI data for the model.
Publish to 3D PDF- we can predefine the template format and all the views needed for the manufactures understanding.
- Helping to streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors and comply with industry standards.
- It guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D.
- Present 3D data in a clean and structured fashion.
- Output and distribute 3D data to an existing process.
- Share, archive, and reuse intelligent 3D data.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.