PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLER
A PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLER (PLC) is an industrial computer control system that continuously monitors the state of input devices and makes decisions based upon a custom program to control the state of output devices.
1. Open the PLC manager.
Menu: Project > PLCs
2. Click on the Add PLC icon and select the PLC manufacturer part option.
PLC manager > Add PLC > PLC manufacturer part.
3. Allocate the requested part.
- Select the PLC manager Inputs/Outputs command. PLC manager > Inputs/Outputs
- Select the Add several Inputs/Outputs command using the Digital PLC Input option in the Input/Output manager.
- Add 9 digital PLC inputs and 7 digital PLC outputs.
Associating Inputs/Outputs with PLC channels
- In the PLC manager, select the 9 Digital PLC inputs and click on the Associate icon.
- In the PLC
manager, select the 9 Digital PLC inputs and click on the Select
- Repeat this operation for the Digital PLC outputs.
Editing the macro associated with the circuit
- Open the
drawing configuration.Menu: Project
> Configurations > PLC drawing...
Dockable panel > Contextual menu of Project: Configurations > PLC drawing configuration management.
- In the configuration management dialog box, open the properties of the configuration used in the project
- Go to the Circuits tab and in the Circuit type field select Digital PLC input.
- The macro is automatically added to the dockable panel, Documents tab.
- Unfold the macro in the dockable panel and open the document.
- In the contextual menu for the symbol, select the Symbol > Replace command and select a pressure sensor symbol.
- Open the PLC manager
- Select the Generate drawings command.
- In the Book (s) / Folder(s) selection dialog box, select New folder and create the PLC folder.
- Adding the PLC in SOLIDWORKS electrical is completed and drawing are generated.
- Generate PLC drawings Automatically with the help of inbuilt macros
- Generates your control drawing with appropriate components
- Inbuilt manufacturer parts and PLC management tools saves time spend on control drawings
- Associated with the Schematic with GOTO commands with synchronised workflow
- Cross reference tools to audit PLC operations with Legends which eradicates errors