Life sciences & Healthcare Industry is considered to be one of the most expensive market in terms of Product Development and Innovation, ensuring Safety and Reliability of Products to mankind.
Medical device and equipment manufacturers will undergo various regulations and norms for the product development. In order to continue the process by overcoming all the hurdles and investing more time on innovation, SOLIDWORKS provides an integrated Data management, Collaboration and Technical communication solution from Design to after sales.
Challenges faced in Medical Industry:
- Difficulty in managing product related Data & Files (Parts, Assemblies, Drawings, Standards, Reference Documents) across the Design & Development process
- Unable to track Legacy data & Existing Designs for new equipment and device Concept
- Managing Revisions & Versions in existing Projects is complicated
- Collaboration of ECAD and MCAD as well as Bill of materials
- Unable to collaborate with multiple locations of an organizations
- Data segregation and accessibility between Departments
- Demoing the Exploded View of the Device and Understanding the Mechanisms
- Communicating the right information to the Service engineers & Creating Service Manuals
- Creating and maintaining your Product development data in a single data location with a secured vault where the design engineers can Store and retrieve files
- Integrated file Preview, Powerful Searching, File Structure and File rename features of PDM helps you to reuse the existing Project Information (to eliminate recreating designs).
- Manage Design revisions more effectively to track design revisions and maintain a complete revision history to avoid the errors of manual approaches.
- Companies having Design teams working in different locations can collaborate with Single Vault storage, Automatic alerts, Web connection to access files globally with browser and internet.
- Now with SOLIDWORKS COMPOSER, Animate and visualise to explore about your Product in Exploded Views and also give usage instructions to Patients and Medical Representatives
- Demonstrate clearly and present your product or process using 2D and 3D graphical content including interactive BOM’S
- Illustrate and transfer a high-quality images and even interactive servicing information to prepare Technical documents like manuals and catalogue.
- Smart and Powerful Integration of SOLIDWORKS and Windows
- Easy find and re-use design data no matter how older it is
- Secured access within the organization both domestic and international
- Automated approval process & work flow
- Reduce documentation costs by at 25 %
- Adds life to documentation with interactive 3D animations.