The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a collaborative environment that Connects People, Data, Processes, ideas, and Business. 3DEXPERIENCE is a cloud-based platform that is easily accessed with a browser that has curated roles for persons from each department in an organization ranging from Design, Simulation, and Manufacturing to Governance/Management.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform has cloud design capabilities running on a browser, so that it can be used with any device using a dedicated Touch Mode. A few of the Cloud Design roles include 3D Creator, 3D Sculptor, 3D Sheet Metal Creator, 3D Structure Creator, 3D Mold Creator, 3D Pattern Shape Creator, 3D Render, Drafter, and so on.
3D Creator is a role on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, having xDesign as the web application to create parametric models and assemblies, in a unified interface within a browser. Since the tool requires only a browser and internet connection, you can model on the go with a Tablet or Mobile device. The tools and workflows in xDesign are very similar to the mighty SOLIDWORKS.
Apart from Parametric modeling, xDesign enables us to use industry trending tools like Generative Design on the cloud. We can use this Design Guidance to help design geometries, taking into account forces, space, and loads. We can create a new design or redesign an existing geometry.
For creating a new Generative Design, the process is so simple that we need to define the Material of the model, boundary conditions like Fixtures and Loads, the bounding box dimensions of the model, and any areas to be excluded during the generation process. Within the browser, several iterations occur to offer you the best possible geometry for the given conditions.
A conventional or legacy design consumes more material that does not contribute to the load, whereas the model obtained from Design Guidance (Generative Design) can be directly built using additive manufacturing. In order to make the optimized model to be manufactured using conventional machining processes, we can build machinable features from generated design using xDesign tools.
Advantages of Generative Design
· Reduced Product Weight hence reduced material and handling costs
· Takes less time to complete the design
· Create better designs and better products
· Consolidation of various parts into a single design
· Limitless number of designs to choose from
· 3D Creator doesn’t need any installation
With 3D Creator you can also:
· Create parametric 3D models anywhere and anytime using a browser
· Eliminate the need to plan your assembly structure with a single modeling environment
· Iterate rapidly without the rework associated with typical parametric modeling tools
· Understand structural requirements through an easy exploration of optimal material with Design Guidance
· Leverage the power of machine learning to reduce repetitive tasks with the Design Assistant tools
· Visualize your designs with ease and impress customers instantly with realistic appearances and environments.
The 3D creator role enables you to step up your Product Design and development process, and allows your design data to be managed, and used for other processes like Simulation and Manufacturing, on this unified 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
THANK YOU FOR READING!