SolidWorks Simulation offers the user for error estimation with the adaptive methods. These methods are mainly focussed on the approach of improving the accuracy of results for the simulation studies. In the domain of approach towards the accuracy of results, FEA provides major development in estimating errors. Thus, mesh refinement has major role towards this development process.
The adaptive meshing is a tool which iteratively varies the mesh settings for the model without the manual interference. SolidWorks Simulation has two adaptive methods i.e. p-adaptive & h-adaptive.
The h-adaptive meshing physically adjusts the size of the cell in areas of the model where smaller mesh is required.
The p-adaptive meshing normally adjusts the polynomial order of the mesh to improve the accuracy of the results. The user can directly select any of the option inside the software.
h-adaptive meshing technique:
- Varies the refinement level
- Varies the density of the mesh
- Automatically done without any manual interference
- Controls the starting order of elements
- More efficient in regions with high errors
- Automatic global convergence criteria