SOLIDWORKS CAM enables you to integrate design & manufacturing in a single application that lets you prepare your designs for manufacturability earlier in the development cycle and Knowledge Based Machining (KBM) will allow companies to define standard machining strategies that can be used by everyone within their organization from quoting to programming.
- 2.5 axis (3+2) Milling
- 2 axis Turning
- Fixture setup and auto stocking size
- Automatic feature recognition
- Toolpath Simulation
- High Speed Machining
- Associative to the model
- Comprehensive library of post processors
- Simplifies collaboration—single design and programming environment allows easier transition to CAM.
- Tolerance-Based Machining allows for the best machining strategy and for quickly making adjustments as designs, materials, and tolerances change.
- Automatically generates the machinable features from the solid model.
- High speed machining helps reducing programming time on complex parts and cut faster and deeper with less tool stress.
- Design changes are automatically applied to machining operations and toolpaths.
- Automatically generates the machine G-Code for the toolpaths.