Critical Assets to Monitor Industrial Equipment Manufacturing Process Issues :
Why SOLIDWORKS PDM?Product Data Management (PDM) is the use of software to manage product data and process-related information in a single, central system. This information includes Computer-Aided Design (CAD) data, models, parts information, manufacturing instructions, requirements, notes and documents.
Factors of SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Capture, manage and deliver product information
- PDM systems capture and manage product information, ensuring that information is delivered to users throughout the product lifecycle in the correct context.
- File ownership, version control (check-in and check-out of files), revision
- Functionality & Data Security
- Security and administrative functionality protects intellectual property rights through role management, project-based security and associated access privileges.
- Process Enablement
- A PDM system can help you establish, manage and execute automated workflow-driven processes that reflect company-specific best practices for change planning (what-if analysis), change incorporation (execution), and change verification and communication.
- Configuration Management
- PDM systems provide the visibility necessary for managing and presenting a complete Bill Of Materials (BOM). It facilitates the alignment and synchronization of all sources of BOM data, as well as all lifecycle phases, including the as-designed, as-planned, as-built and as-maintained states.
- All users have access to the latest versions of files, that are stored in a central location. This means manufacturing can have immediate and direct access to a project file, when it is release.
- All files are stored centrally, thereby reducing the chance of data loss or. This includes having your work overwritten, by a co-worker saving files, to a shared network drive.
- Multiple versions of files can be kept, thereby allowing a user to revert to a previous version.
BENEFITS OF PDM
- Find the correct data quickly
- Improve productivity and reduce cycle times
- Reduce development errors and costs
- Improve value chain orchestration
- Meet business and regulatory requirements
- Optimize operational resources
- Facilitate collaboration between global teams
- Provide visibility for better business decision-making